Saturday 14 February 2015

Singularity


Motto: When conversation finish, the music begin.

The smell of the Brazilian coffee was still in my nostrils. And my mind wandered far away.  How I met you? I can’t forget, even after 96 years passed away. I still remember the moment when we open the same door of the black cab. I read today that, as an indubitable truth, your fate is to grow old only near the man that somehow lives a story that complements your story. I couldn't agree more. I remember what our first discussion was, you we’re saying that you are waiting for your soul mate, the one that is meant to be with you. I was saying that as potentiality, anyone can be your soul mate, with a little or much more effort. But both need to agree to do this effort, to discover the diamond that is hidden under many layers of coal. And we were talking about us living in our own bubble, each trying to keep the whole world at bay. How that in the end we are like circles that somehow touch each other in one single point. I let you in my world, you let me in yours. Even if this little thing took us at least 5 years. But what was just a flame at the beginning becomes a blazing fire, burning every doubt, every lack of trust, every limitation that we set in our life, even without knowing. And now I’m still here, at our favorite coffee shop, waiting for you. Even if I know that you will never come again. I can’t fight against this power that brought me here day after day. I can’t accept that I lost you. Probably it was my fate to live forever, always young, always alone. If only I could discover the self-repairing Nano-bots one year earlier. If only...

                - Sorry, can you tell me what the time is? I heard a voice on my left.

                - Half past ten, I said, turning around. And there she was, looking at me. My Isabelle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment